Skip to main content

If my Care Needs where met by a supermarket?

If my care needs were provided by a supermarket?

If my care needs were provided by a supermarket?
Would it be better? After all they are in to maximising profits whilst giving the customer what they need. Is real competion a good thing in care? Could local authority learn a thing or two from the supermarket industry?
Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to book my care slots on line, and have the care delivered on time or usually 10 minutes earlier. If they are late ( which is almost never), I get a call telling me why and what will be done about it. On top you’’d probably get a heart felt apology and some small gift ( bottle of wine or voucher) without even asking.
The service delivers are always smart, polite and generally happy, they will even do one or two extras like carry heavy things in for you. They give you an exact cost of the care and even apply discount if the care could be found cheaper locally. If they can’t provide the thing you need they’ll replace it with a similar item.
I can with a supermarket go online anytime to choose exactly what I want and have it delivered the next day. I can, talk to them, they answer the phones quickly and can speak to real people about my needs. The choice is always fantastic and the goods, good quality. Issues are resolved quickly, with an apology.
In some areas where there are specific customer needs like large Eastern Europeon Or Asian clientele you can guarantee he store would have a good range of care products to meet their requirements.
On top of which if your a valued customer, they give you incentives like money off and special offers to stay with them. But then use the information of the care you’ve purchased, to analyse, check, and deliver what they think you might need in the future
Now why can’t a local authorities or care provider be run a long the same lines ? I’m not saying for profit but the ethos, basically give the customers what they want, when they want it, at a competive price with the customer habits ( Needs) being at the center of the business.
Would it work? What do you think?

Comments

Popular Posts